Monday, February 10, 2014

Is Round 2 Different?

Baby Franklin #2 brought on a whole new set of challenges.  Similar to Jack, I deathly ill and swearing off any idea of additional children.  Just when I was starting to make the turn, and my plans to begin my chocolate cake binge at the end to make up for my lost weight, I failed the glucose challenge.  What. A. Bummer.  I was put on a strict diet, had to test my sugars multiple times a day, and got scheduled for A LOT of doctor appointments.  As a Dr Pepper drinker, chocolate cake eater and a carb lover, this was going to be a challenge.  My sweet co-workers listened to me day dream about powdered donuts, cheeseburgers, rice krispie treats (I don't normally like these) and all sorts of SWEETS.

So, the question became is it a boy or a girl?!  Austin and I were not finding out the sex of this baby.  He was not on board with the surprise element with Jack, but I forced the situation.  I am sure I pulled the "I am carrying it" card.  Austin didn't need any convincing this time.  He loved the surprise!
Wednesdays at 3 were spent like this.  Monitoring the baby because of the GD.
If this was a girl, I was worried.


No comments:

Post a Comment